The Victoria Street, Wetherill Park industrial subdivision and associated warehouse development consists of 8 Torrens title industrial units within a community title lot, and a separate 24-unit strata development in the adjacent lot.
Edgewater Connections Consulting were initially engaged to provide Level 3 ASP design that would establish supply to the development and underground the street frontage. The authority distribution assets were permitted within the community title driveway, which met the requirements for egress, and a single padmount was provided for the strata development.
During the design phase, Edgewater Connections were further engaged for electrical distribution design and NBN design to reticulate supply from the new authority assets, and for document design of the electrical contract inclusions for each unit. This included lighting and power layouts, and providing a Hybrid Pit & Pipe and pathway design to enable full NBN services to be installed during the developments construction time-frame.
Edgewater Connectionss engagement became a complete electrical and communications design and approvals package – fully coordinated and suitable for tendering and construction.
The scope of Edgewater Connections’s engagement included:
- 3 new padmount substations
- Low voltage reticulation
- Public lighting of Victoria Ave
- Reconfiguration of the overhead network to facilitate the installation of new driveways
- New services mains and switchboards
- Maximum demand calculations
- Private street lighting
- Development registration and stage applications
- Pit & Pipe design
- MDU (Multiple Dwelling Units) and SDU (Single Dwelling Units) design
- FTTP Technology to each connection
As a result, Edgewater Connections successfully completed all aspects of the Electrical and NBN Connections for this Industrial estate.