Edgewater Connections was engaged by the new land owner of the decommissioned Alcoa site located at Yennora. Edgewater Connections engagement is to provide electrical consulting, Level 3 ASP and Project Management services to allow for the staged subdivision of the site.
Edgewater Connections was engaged due to our ability to provide a full turn key services solution, from concept design through the Level 3 ASP design process, Electrical Building Services Engineering and Client Side Project Management services which allows us to seek multiple quotes from Level 1 ASP’s and Electrical Contractors to ensure our clients get value for money that is managed by someone that knows the process.
The current scope of Edgewater Connections engagement consists of:-
- The staged Industrial Subdivision
- Installation of new 11kV Overhead Assets
- Removal of High Voltage Customer Connections
- Installation of new Padmount Substations and Low Voltage reticulation
- New Temporary Builders Supplies
- Compile a scope of works based on the Level 3 Design, tendered to selected Level 1 ASP’s, reviewed tender submissions to ensure compliance to RFQ, assessed potentials for variations from and after submissions, provided a tender evaluation on supplied tenders.
- Upon award to a Level 1 ASP, Edgewater Connections reviewed all Safety and Environmental documentation to ensure compliance to statutory and legal requirement, and ensured initial site inductions are carried out.
- Review and monitor performance of the Level 1 ASP contractor by site visits and audits and progress meetings.
- Review and process contractor claims and invoices.
- Design of new LV switchboards and metering to allow for conversion from a HVC to Low Voltage Customer
- Design of alternate power connections for essential services such as Hydrant Pumps when the site was disconnected from the 33kV Substation
- Circuitry to ensure that during the conversion from HVC to LV Customer that all electrical circuits were re-energised and to current Australian Standards
At Edgewater Connections we can complete all facets of Electrical works providing the client an unbiased and independent approach to your needs, from your Level 3 ASP Design to completion of Level 1 ASP Constructions and Electrical Contractor works. Our Independence allows us to seek and source value for money from multiple and suitably qualified Level 1 ASP and Electrical contractors.